Monday, April 3, 2023

Pizza al Taglio at Epcot's Italy Pavilion

 By Nick: 

Pizza al Taglio  - Italian for pizza by the slice — literally "by the cut"


Pizza al Taglio, the pizza window located next to Via Napoli Pizzeria in Epcot's Italy Pavilion was one of those dining spots I had managed to never seem to get to. Either a festival would be happening, or the line would be too long (lines get very long, indeed), or it was closed, as it is apparently only open seasonally. 

A couple of weeks ago, after a Garden Rocks show, the friends I was with suggested we get a slice of this mythical pizza and get a spot for Harmonious, and, I was all too happy to say "Yes!" 

I got a slice of the Pepperoni. 

 I'm not generally a thick crust pizza fan, but this was not dense, and the pepperoni cups... this was absolutely delicious. Full disclosure, I'd had a few beers first, so wasn't absolutely certain my first impression was correct. 

To be absolutely sure, I stopped again the other day and tried a slice of their "Pizza Margherita."

The menu is short but sweet.

 Now, that is a nice looking slice!

Yes, the crust is excellent, I was absolutely right the first time.

It's very cheesy, with very little sauce. Some people (I'd imagine this is really not for those that are lactose intolerant) aren't a fan of overly cheesy pizza. If that's the case, this may not be for you. 

I will absolutely be looking for this window to be open in the future.   

Oh, and if you need a dark quiet corner to duck into and enjoy your slice, there's a little spot to the left where you'll find counter space and a couple of seats.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

On January 9, those with dated tickets will no longer require park reservations. As a result, though, those guests will no longer have the a...